CHEA's ministry rests on a foundation of prayer. The tenth of each month is CHEA's day of prayer for homeschoolers in California, group leaders (local and state), and CHEA's ministry to all homeschoolers. We invite you to join us at this designated day of prayer and worship. Let us know if your family is a CHEA Prayer Partner by sending an email to .
All we have are five loaves of bread and two fish,” they said. Jesus said, “Bring them here.” Then he had the people sit on the grass. He took the five loaves and two fish, lifted his face to heaven in prayer, blessed, broke, and gave the bread to the disciples. The disciples then gave the food to the congregation. They all ate their fill. They gathered twelve baskets of leftovers. About five thousand were fed (Matt. 14:17-21 MSG).
Many of you have already read about the current legislative attacks on homeschooling in CA. This is a dramatic situation, it is not without hope. CHEA has asked for homeschoolers to become Members and contribute an extra donation. But that isn't where our hope lies. Our hope is in Jesus Christ. He is the one who can take the small offerings and multiple them beyond our imaginations. We stand in faith that God will lead and direct the path He has set for us.
- the outpouring of prayer and financial support for CHEA.
- for each CHEA Member who makes it possible for CHEA to fulfill its mission.
- we have the freedom to raise and educate our children as God directs.
- for volunteer leaders who provide needed support to their group members and CHEA.
- for the many supporters CHEA has in California and other states.
for the opportunities to serve Him for the past 35 years.
for each loaf and fish we present to God for His use.
- God's provision for CHEA through Membership and donations.
- God's clear direction for the future.
- God to multiply the loaves and fishes.
- Wisdom for board members making tough decisions.
- Each family who receives CHEA's news to be open to God's leading to help CHEA over the hump.
- For the future of home education in California and the world.
Praying Through the Homeschool Years
by JulieBeth Lamb